Start-up Iron Ox created a fully autonomous farm in San Carlos, California. The hydroponic, indoor farm relies on two robots to plant, care for and harvest all its produce. One of the robots is 1,000 pounds and about the size of a car. It picks up the trays of plants and transports them around the greenhouse. A second machine, a robotic arm, is responsible for all the fine manipulation tasks, like seeding and transplanting. As a tray of plants matures, the mobile robot carries it to the processing area. Here, the robotic arm moves baby plants in densely packed trays to containers with more space. This optimizes space efficiency, because throughout their life cycle, plants are only given the room they need. Co-founder and CEO Brandon Alexander claimed that Iron Ox is able to do the equivalent of 30 acres of outdoor farming in just a single acre on its robotic farm. The company wants to build more small farms near urban centers so produce is fresher upon arrival.
September 6, 2018
September 10, 2018
September 14, 2018
October 6, 2018
We now write for: CheeseburgerBlog.com
The newest pizza available at Little Caesars allows you to get 4 different flavors for a $7 instant takeout. The four toppings included are cheese, pepperoni, pepperoni and sausage, and sausage with tomato topped with garlic herb seasoning. While they call this a limited time offering, this seems like something may make permanent, possibly with […]
Krispy Kreme is testing what it calls “a taste of what’s to come” at a store in Concord, NC. They are offering ice cream sandwiches made with donuts rather than cookies. They are also offering real ice cream shakes with real donuts mixed in the shakes, then topped with whipped cream and another donut. Yes, […]
The deal comes with two sides. For reference I saw a pound of crab legs on the menu at a famous cafe in Seattle named 13 Coins Restaurant for $49.99. The deal at Red Lobster allows you to upgrade to Bardi or Dungeness crab for $5 extra. Red Lobster crab fest is going strong now […]
The picture of the controller above is a wireless controller patent that Nintendo has applied for at the FCC very recently. While they avoid using the wording SNES or Switch, the design is obviously that of the classic SNES controller shape. There isn’t much use for this in mass market for Nintendo expect for the […]
August 21st we “get to” experience Pumpkin again this year at Dunkin. Of course like the annual often dreaded fruit cakes, it has become an annual tradition for non-pumpkin spiced people to poke fun at the overwhelming amount of pumpkin spice that comes out every year. This menu does has another fall/winter flavor that isn’t […]
Cable is loosing millions of subscribers every year. So what are these people doing beside the obvious Netflix & Youtube apps? More are now choosing to add about 75 live channels including ESPN & HBO on to their existing Hulu account for as little as $38/mo. So is it really a true cable replacement? It […]
Imagine a peaceful hike up this beautiful river bed at sunset. Life is good when you take time to find places like this and be mindful to enjoy.
When Scarlet or the next XBOX was announced at last year’s E3 press conference, Phil Spencer the head of XBOX, clearly stated they were already hard at work for the next generation’s consoles, yes plural. This lead to all sorts of speculation on the internet with all the experts figuring it meant a cheaper main […]
A rare dime misprint was sold at auction recently. The misprint called the “1894-S” is one of the rarest coins in the world with only 24 coins printed. Only nine of the rare 1894-S dimes are known to exist, this according to the auction house Stack’s Bowers Galleries. The auctioned coin sold for $1,200,000 US […]
This is a photo of the recently rediscovered limo Elvis owned. This limo was a gift to Elvis and his bride to be at the time Priscilla from his manager. Auction house Mecum Auctions in Monterrey California has the car now. Built by limousine specialist Lehmann-Peterson, it featured a four-passenger rear compartment with rear-facing jump […]
- CNN commentator to Republican guest: 'White men who think like you' are the 'greatest terrorist threat' in US August 20, 2019Liberal CNN commentator Angela Rye had a fiery exchange with a Republican strategist during a panel discussion on Monday night, telling him that "white men who think like you" are the "greatest terrorist threat in this country."
- Susan Sarandon appears to take shot at Warren during Sanders event August 20, 2019
- Ingraham: Liberals 'rooting against America' because they're 'furious' they might lose in 2020 August 20, 2019Fox News' Laura Ingraham took on members of the Democratic Party for what she said was "rooting against America" and disparaging supporters of President Trump, and said the left is largely "furious" they may lose the 2020 election to the New York Republican.
- After mock Trump assassination photos at liberal fundraiser, Scalise asks when the left will denounce its violence August 20, 2019House Minority Whip Steve Scalise asked what it would take for liberals to denounce violence against conservatives after a Democratic state senator from Illinois came under fire last weekend over pictures showing his supporters at a fundraising event taking part in a mock assassination on President Trump.
- NYC condo owner allegedly converted small apartment into 11 tiny units August 20, 2019A New York City condominium owner illegally converted his one-unit apartment into a duplex with 11 cramped sub-units, some of which had ceilings just 4 1/2 feet high, forcing his tenants to crouch or walk on their knees, officials alleged.
- Boothe: Biden supporters should consider why Obama isn't openly backing him August 20, 2019Former Vice President Joe Biden isn't receiving the customary support of the president he served with, which should be a red flag to voters, according to Fox News contributor Lisa Boothe.
- Tennessee man accused of slashing boss' throat with steak knife after taking time off for stress, reports say August 20, 2019A Tennessee man is accused of slashing his boss’ throat with a steak knife on Friday after returning to work from time off because of stress, according to local reports.
- Ainsley Earhardt's grilled flounder with Mama's grits and grilled corn salad August 20, 2019
- Hannity: Antifa, right-wing fringe groups 'must stop this insanity' August 20, 2019Fox News' Sean Hannity condemned radical protesters from both political extremes who demonstrated in Portland, Ore., over the weekend, saying there is no place in the United States for physical violence in pursuit of political ends.
- Geraldo: Tlaib's canceled trip should cause outrage, Palestinian territory being 'occupied' August 20, 2019President Trump rightfully supports the state of Israel, but the Netanyahu government should not have barred Rep. Rashida Tlaib, D-Mich., from visiting the West Bank, according to Geraldo Rivera.
- Ark. St. coach takes leave as wife battles cancer August 20, 2019Blake Anderson, head coach at Arkansas State, is taking leave as his wife battles cancer for the second time in three years.
- Week 2 takeaways: Jimmy G a bit rusty in first game back from injury August 20, 2019Jimmy Garoppolo's first action since tearing his ACL last September wasn't what he hoped for. Here's a look at all the big takeaways from the second full week of the 2019 NFL preseason.
- Maddy Freking making her mark as only girl at Little League World Series August 20, 2019Maddy Freking might be a young woman of few words, but she's making a Mo'ne-like impact as the only girl playing at Williamsport.
- The Red Sox are (basically) toast: What losing Chris Sale means for 2019 and beyond August 20, 2019Miracles do happen. But with ace Chris Sale shut down for the season, it's more or less RIP 2019 Red Sox. And 2020's team has issues, too.
- Source: Brown files new grievance over helmet August 20, 2019The new grievance is part of Antonio Brown's ongoing fight over an NFL policy that requires helmet certification according to industry standards.
- Gordon 'just waiting on the call' from Chargers August 20, 2019Chargers running back Melvin Gordon, who is nearly five weeks into a holdout over his contract, told ESPN's Jeremy Fowler he is just "waiting on the call" so he can get back to playing football.
- The Antonio Brown helmet saga: Is the Raiders' ultimatum for real? August 20, 2019Raiders GM Mike Mayock wants the receiver "all-in or all-out." Here's everything you need to know about where Brown's helmet issue stands.
- Ngannou calls UFC heavyweight title picture 'very frustrating' August 20, 2019Francis Ngannou said he is deserving of the next UFC heavyweight title shot. Will he get it?
- Source: Edelman passes physical, off NFI list August 19, 2019Patriots wide receiver Julian Edelman passed his physical and is back after missing the first 3 1/2 weeks of camp with an injured thumb.
- Rookies see Reddish, not Zion, having best career August 19, 2019In the annual survey of rookies, only 5% of the Class of 2019 thought Zion Williamson would have the best NBA career. Cam Reddish was top vote-getter with 19%.
- Never Get Tangled Up Again with These Wireless Gaming HeadsetsIf you're looking for freedom from wires, the best wireless gaming headsets will serve you well.
- Game of Thrones: Kit Harington Reveals Whether Jon Snow Left Westeros Forever August 20, 2019Kit Harington has revealed some new details about Jon Snow and the final season of Game of Thrones, including whether or not Jon left Westeros forever.
- 10 Real Serial Killers Depicted in Mindhunter: Season 2 August 20, 2019From David Berkowitz to Charles Manson, we break down the ten real-life serial killers portrayed in the Netflix's Mindhunter Season 2.
- Final Fantasy 8 Remastered Release Date Announced August 20, 2019Final Fantasy VIII Remastered will finally arrive on Nintendo Switch, PS4, Xbox One, and PC on September 3, 2019.
- Nova in Avengers: Endgame? The Russos Trolled the Internet and We Totally Fell for It August 19, 2019Turns out the Russos were joking when they (very seriously) said that Nova was in Avengers: Endgame.
- Everything Inside the Exclusive Backpack Only Given to Pokemon World Championship Qualifiers
- Apex Legends' Developer Apologizes for Exchange of Insults with Community Members August 19, 2019Respawn CEO Vince Zampella offers an apology to Apex Legends fans following heated conversation between devs and community.
- Great 40% Off Deal on Headphones: Sony Wireless Bluetooth Extra Bass Headphones For $78 August 19, 2019Extra bass, 30 hours of battery life, plus built-in Amazon Alexa.
- The Legend of Zelda: Hyrule Historia On Sale For 56% Off, Only $17.45 With Deal August 19, 2019280 pages exploring the history and chronology of Hyrule, plus exclusive concept art and comic.
- Save 10% on The World of Cyberpunk 2077 Hardcover Book When You Preorder Today August 19, 2019200 full-color pages exploring the world, characters, and technology of Cyberpunk 2077.